This qualification provides high level information & communications technology (ICT), process improvement and business skills and knowledge to enable an individual to be effective in senior ICT roles within organisations. The qualification builds on a base core of management competencies, with specialist and general elective choices to suit particular ICT and business needs, especially in the areas of knowledge management and systems development.
After completing the qualification, you would be able to:
- Keep abreast of current industry-accepted practices, and hardware and software products, include broad knowledge of their security features and capabilities
- Engage in peer professional development activities
- Manage implementation of technology needs
- Assess the technological capability of various products against architecture requirements and decide on the best IT solution
- Estimate current and future capacity against a client’s future requirements and devise and implement a business strategy to suit
Job Roles / Career
Possible job titles relevant to this include:
- Knowledge management analyst
- Knowledge manager
- Manager, IT infrastructure solutions
- Business development manager
- Software manager
- To gain entry into this course, participants should have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent level of studies.
- Students must be over 18 years of age to apply.
English Language Requirements
- All international students should be able to meet the English requirements as required under the assessment level of the student by Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
NTCA accepts the results from International Language Test Score (IELTS), PTE Academic English or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as below:
|IELTS||Paper Based||Computer Based||Internet Based||PTE A|
|5.5||525||197||71||43 – 50|
Applicants whose English results falls below above score will need to enrol in an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
Academic Requirement for Advanced Diploma Course:
- To gain entry into this course, participants should have successfully completed year 12 or equivalent level of studies and Diploma of IT/ Management/ Business or substantial vocational experience in IT/Management/ Business or equivalent.
Pathways into the Qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification include:
- After achieving any ICT Diploma qualification or other relevant Diploma
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in senior information technology or systems roles, including analyst or designer.
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- ICT Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications or other higher education sector qualifications. For further information visit training.gov.au.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a process where a student may be granted credit or partial credit towards a qualification in recognition of skills & knowledge gained through work experience, life experience and/or formal training. Standard course cost will be charged for units of study/courses credited via RPL.
How to Apply
Students can enrol in this course in the following ways:
- Download the Student Enrolment Form, then complete and send it with the necessary documents by post or email.
- Complete the Online Application Form and attach the necessary documents.
- Visit our RTO and then apply directly.
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTICT610||Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex ICT projects|
|ICTSUS6233A||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects|
|Unit Code||Unit Description|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|ICTICT603||Manage the use of appropriate development methodologies|
|ICTICT602||Develop contracts and manage contracted performance|
|ICTPMG606||Manage IT project quality|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and manage strategic plans|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisational development|
|ICTDBS501||Monitor and improve knowledge management system|
|ICTDBS601||Build a data warehouse|
|ICTDBS602||Develop a knowledge management strategy|
|ICTICT604||Identify and implement business innovation|
|ICTICT605||Implement a knowledge management strategy|
Employability Skills Summary
The following table contains a summary of the employability skills required by industry for this qualification. The employability skills facets described here are broad industry requirements that may vary depending on qualification packaging options.
|Employability skill Industry||Enterprise Requirements for this Qualification|
|Communication||Articulating complex scenarios in a clear, concise manner relevant to all levels of an organisation. Researching, analysing and evaluating information from a range of sources, Writing and presenting complex reports for specific business purposes using a range of methodologies and media|
|Teamwork||Managing group facilitation and presentation skills in relation to transferring and collecting information. Reviewing strategy with key stakeholders|
|Problem-solving||Developing controls and contingencies to alleviate security threats. Taking corrective action on system implementation breakdowns. Implementing a change management strategy for an organisation. Managing evolving complex scenarios of access and security|
|Initiative and enterprise||Developing new strategies, criteria, applications, knowledge and procedures. Generating innovative ideas through the analysis of multiple sources of information and concepts. Anticipating and responding to client business needs|
|Planning and organising||Managing the execution of complex project plans. Planning for controls and contingencies when designing systems|
|Self-management||Taking accountability and responsibility for self and others in achieving work outcomes. Taking responsibility for own outputs in relation to broad quantity and quality parameters|
|Learning||Keeping abreast of current industry-accepted practices, and hardware and software products, including broad knowledge of their security features and capabilities. Engaging in peer professional development activities|
|Technology||Managing implementation of technology needs. Assessing the technological capability of various products against architecture requirements and deciding on the best IT solution. Estimating current and future capacity against a client’s future requirements and devising and implementing a business strategy to suit|
|Qualification Name:||Advanced Diploma of Information Technology|
|Intake Dates:||+ January, March, July and October for full-time students
+ As per the demand
|For Enrolment & Fees enquiries, please contact NTCA:|
|Phone : +61 3 9606 0032
Email : email@example.com